MyHeritage Newsletter: Introducing our breakthrough name translation technology, an incredible Greek island reunion and more

From: MyHeritage.com <announce2_at_myheritage.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2015 08:29:29 -0500

n/a
================================

New Feature Highlight: Global Name Translation™ Technology
We've just created an easier way to search through our massive international database of 6.1 billion historical records and family tree profiles. Global Name Translation™ automatically translates names found in historical records and family trees from one language into another, in very high accuracy, generating all the plausible translations, to facilitate matches between names in different languages. In addition, a manual search in one language will also provide results in other languages, translated back to your language for convenience.

Learn more:
http://blog.myheritage.com/2015/07/new-feature-global-name-translation%E2%84%A2-technology?utm_source=email_newsletter&utm_campaign=july2015&lang=EN

Ereikoussa: A story of bravery comes to light after 70 years
In Yvette Manessis Corporon's book, "When the Cypress Whispers," she tells the true story of how her grandmother, along with other residents of the tiny Greek island of Ereikoussa, saved the lives of a Jewish family hiding from the Nazis. Curious about the family's fate, Yvette turned to MyHeritage for help, and we were able to trace the descendants of the saved family. Recently, MyHeritage was proud to participate in the emotional reunion of the families on the Island, 70 years after it all began.

Read more:
http://blog.myheritage.com/2015/07/the-secrets-of-ereikoussa-the-reunion?utm_source=email_newsletter&utm_campaign=july2015&lang=EN

Family look-alike competition photos: Find out who won!
Entries from the look-alike contest are in! View some of our favorite photos, and learn whose incredible look-a-like pair won the competition.

Read here:
http://blog.myheritage.com/2015/07/look-alike-competition-results?utm_source=email_newsletter&utm_campaign=july2015&lang=EN

13 ways to know you're a genealogist
Does your ideal family vacation include visiting the local cemetery? Do you wish you had a time machine so you could meet your ancestors? Answer the following questions and find out if you've caught the genealogy bug!

Read more:
http://blog.myheritage.com/2015/05/13-ways-to-know-youre-a-genealogist?utm_source=email_newsletter&utm_campaign=july2015&lang=EN

Instant Discoveries™ sweeps through Oslo
MyHeritage took to the streets of Oslo, Norway with Instant Discoveries™. View the emotional reactions of users as they embarked on this magical journey into the past, and learned about their family's history, in just a few seconds.

Watch now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9wE_3Luh4I

Grow your family tree today!