Twitch Broadcasters: Thumbnail Selection is Available Now!

From: Twitch <mc_at_twitch.tv>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 01:42:04 +0000

View this email in your browser (http://us2.campaign-archive2.com/?u=c782b16a82082e2741d47d583&id=53fda192ad&e=9ffd955d31)

** Thumbnail Selection Now Available

** Improving VOD Presentation & Discoverability on Twitch
http://blog.twitch.tv/2015/11/thumbnail-editing-available-now/

** As we mentioned at TwitchCon, (http://www.twitch.tv/twitch/v/17714623?t=42m46s) we know that you care about how your content looks.

Today, we’re excited to take the first step towards improving how your VODs are presented and discovered on Twitch.

When you edit the details for your video, you’ll now be able to choose from four, random, auto-generated thumbnails. Initially, you will be able to select different thumbnails for past broadcasts only. We will continue to iterate on the feature and providing you with more customization options.

Thumbnails provide viewers with a glimpse into what your videos and channel are all about. When done well, these tiny pictures can impact whether new or existing viewers clicks to watch a video — and can ultimately be a powerful tool to help grow an audience for the entire lifecycle of your content.

http://blog.twitch.tv/2015/11/thumbnail-editing-available-now/
Turn your channel into a 24/7 experience for your viewers.

To edit your thumbnail:

1. Go to your Video Manager.
2. Click Edit on any past broadcast.
3. Select between four auto-generated thumbnails.
4. Edit the remaining details for your past broadcast.
5. Click Done.

Have someone else helping with the management of your past broadcasts? No probs — thumbnail editing is also available to your channel’s Editors! If you need further support about how this feature works, check out our FAQ (http://help.twitch.tv/customer/portal/articles/2218412-how-to-use-vod-thumbnails) .

** Let's Play Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Week!

** Win home page promotion for your Star Wars™ Battlefront™ broadcast
http://twitch.tv/EAStarWars

** Each day this week, starting today, we'll be issuing a challenge to gamers everywhere:

Broadcast yourself displaying awesome Star Wars™ Battlefront™ skills and you could win instant Twitch homepage promotion, brought to you by EA and Star Wars™ Battlefront™!

How does it work? At set times, our community team will be scouring Twitch, looking for fabulous feats of gaming goodness in that day’s Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Mastery Challenge. If we see you, and you've put #MasteryChallenge in the name of your broadcast, we may put you in the #1 spot on the Twitch homepage (http://www.twitch.tv) !

So get out there and broadcast Star Wars™ Battlefront™, and hopefully we - and thousands of Twitch viewers - will see you on the homepage this week. Good luck!

__________

Challenge Schedule:

* TUE: MASTERY CHALLENGE: SURVIVAL (3-4pm PT)
Got what it takes to survive? Impress us with your skills in Survival mode.

* WED: MASTERY CHALLENGE: HERO HUNT (3-4pm PT)
We need a hero! Today we’ll be keeping an eye out for masters of the 7v1 Hero Hunt mode.

* THU: MASTERY CHALLENGE: FIGHTER SQUADRON (3-4pm PT)
Let’s take to the fight to the skies! Today we’ll be looking for crack pilots who are hot-dogging in Fighter Squadron mode.

* FRI: MASTERY CHALLENGE: SUPREMACY (3-4pm PT)
This is it - the final community challenge! It’s time for epic 20v20 battles in Supremacy mode. Show us what you’ve got!

* SAT: STAR WARS™ BATTLEFRONT™ CHALLENGE (1-4pm PT)
We’re closing out Star Wars™ Battlefront™ week with a tournament of the stars! Watch as 12 wildly popular Twitch personalities - GassyMexican, ItMeJP, Ellohime, and more - battle it out in incredible challenges designed to reveal the ultimate Star Wars™ Battlefront™ master!
Who’ll be the last to face-off in an epic 1v1 Hero Battle? Tune-in to find out! (http://twitch.tv/EAStarWars)

** Guild Wars 2 Partner Program

** Get promotion & exclusive access for your Guild Wars content
https://welcome.guildwars2.com/en/partner-program

** Are you a content creator playing Guild Wars 2? (https://welcome.guildwars2.com/en/partner-program)

Do you run a podcast, fansite, video channel or live stream channel and would you like to collaborate closely with ArenaNet?

ArenaNet is opening a new program where they will be working closely with content creators to help them grow their channels, gain visibility and even help them with revenue generation doing what they like doing the most.

If you are creating Guild Wars 2 related content head over to their Partner Program page (https://welcome.guildwars2.com/en/partner-program) and let them know about your channel & interest in the program!

https://welcome.guildwars2.com/en/partner-program

Features:

* Early access to game content, like our upcoming RAIDS! To allow you to be ahead of the curve and in the know when releases go live and get your content pre-planned

* Promotion by ArenaNet of the content you create. They promote the content you create around their game to their audience through social outlets, hosting of your streams and even inclusion in their live events

* Monetization of your referrals. They offer two referral links: one for the FREE version of the game and one to buy Heart of Thorns.
If a fan of yours downloads the free game from you and plays to at least level 2, they pay you $4 per referral and/or if a fan of yours buys the game through your link they pay you 20% of the check out price