eSupport.com November Newsletter

From: eSupport.com Newsletter <newsletter_at_esupport.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2015 07:24:05 -0500

 eSupport.com Monthly Newsletter Having trouble viewing this newsletter? View
Newsletter Online, http://newsletter.esupport.com/d67f82aa96c4786cd4997f903d54f526/read

         [img],
http://esupport.com/?utm_source=esupport_newsletter&amp;utm_medium=email&amp;utm_content=topnav&amp;utm_campaign=november2015newsletter
 [img] [img],
http://esupport.com/newsletter.php?utm_source=esupport_newsletter&amp;utm_medium=email&amp;utm_content=topnav&amp;utm_campaign=november2015newsletter
 [img],
http://esupport.com/support.php?utm_source=esupport_newsletter&amp;utm_medium=email&amp;utm_content=topnav&amp;utm_campaign=november2015newsletter

   [img]
    [img]

 * Question &amp; Answer, #qa
 * Driver Tip: Installing Drivers Without A Setup or Install File , #driver
 * PC Performance Tip: Get Back HD Space After Upgrading To Windows 10 , #registry
 * BIOS Tip: Will An Updated BIOS Fix That?, #bios , #techtip [img] eSupport.com
Products
 * DriverAgent,
http://driveragent.com/?ref=503&amp;utm_source=esupport_newsletter&amp;utm_medium=email&amp;utm_content=topnav&amp;utm_campaign=november2015newsletter

 * BIOSAgentPlus,
http://biosagentplus.com/?ref=505&amp;utm_source=esupport_newsletter&amp;utm_medium=email&amp;utm_content=topnav&amp;utm_campaign=november2015newsletter

 * RegistryWizard,
http://registrywizard.com/?ref=504&amp;utm_source=esupport_newsletter&amp;utm_medium=email&amp;utm_content=topnav&amp;utm_campaign=november2015newsletter

 * eSupport UndeletePlus,
http://www.undeleteplus.com/?ref=867&amp;utm_source=esupport_newsletter&amp;utm_medium=email&amp;utm_content=topnav&amp;utm_campaign=november2015newsletter

        [img] My Dell computer appears to have been attacked by a virus or malware
according to Dell support. The problem has caused my notebook to become increasingly
unstable, including daily corrupt file errors. My Norton AntiVirus isn't finding any
problems. Dell suggested I reload Windows 8, but I don't want to risk losing my data. Can
you point me in the right direction on how to fix and restore my system?
 – Shannon M., Boston, MA
    The best option to safely restore your PC is to use a program eSupport.com recommends
named Reimage,
http://www.reimageplus.com/land/sys/index.php?tracking=esupport-SC&amp;banner=direct&amp;adgroup=direct&amp;ads_name=direct&amp;keyword=direct
. First, download and run Reimage's free system scan; this will safely examine and
diagnose your PC for hidden problems. Issues like malware, viruses or even corrupted files
are no match for Reimage. Next, Reimage will quickly detect if there's an actual problem
with your Windows operating system. Finally, Reimage's patented technology seamlessly
repairs and restores your computer to peak performance.

  » Download Reimage,
http://www.reimageplus.com/land/sys/index.php?tracking=esupport-SC&amp;banner=direct&amp;adgroup=direct&amp;ads_name=direct&amp;keyword=direct

      I get so many different opinions from so many different people that I thought you
would be my final expert answer to this age-old question: Should I leave the computer on
all the time or shut it off when not in use? Two computers are in question, one being my
home computer with intermittent use daily, and the other is used about every two weeks on
average.
 – Mike R., Culver City, CA

It really comes down to your person preference. Don’t worry about factors like if
turning off the system too many times will hard the components. It isn’t recommended,
however, to leave BOTH computers on all the time. To conserve energy, power off the
systems and unplug them when not in use. Personally, I don’t like to wait for my system
to boot up, so I rarely shut my system down. Instead, I have it set to turn off the
display after 10 minutes of inactivity and enter sleep mode after 15 minutes. The computer
wakes up much faster from sleep mode compared with a cold start, but the downside is it
may be a little sluggish if lots of programs are left open. An occasional reboot solves
that.

       Recently I’ve been getting a Code 19 error on my CD/DVD drive in my device
manager. I’ve also notice the drive isn’t listed as one of the drives in my computer.
How can I fix this problem?
 – Jennifer S., Chisholm, MN

 * Log on to Windows by using an account that has Administrator rights and permissions.

 * Start Registry Editor

 * Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders in the left side of the
window:
 * HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
 * SYSTEM
 * CurrentControlSet
 * Control
 * Class
 * {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

 * Look for any of the following names in the right side of the window:
 * UpperFilters
 * LowerFilters

 * If any of the items above are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete.

 * Save any open documents, and then restart your computer.

 * Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned.

 * You may need to reinstall CD or DVD burning software.

 [img]
          Powerful Tool to Remove Duplicate Photos

 Free up valuable disk space with DPC. Duplicate Photo Cleaner is completely safe to use.
It contains absolutely NO ADWARE, NO SPYWARE, NO POPUPS, NO MALWARE or any other unwanted
software.

 Download Duplicate Photo Cleaner Today, http://click.heyamigo.com/ct/43e28483

    Find and Delete Duplicate Files in Seconds with EDF

 For PC &amp; Mac: FREE System scan Speed up your computer and free up disk space by
deleting duplicate files. You can recover gigabytes of space, make your computer faster,
and organize your files.

 Try Easy Duplicate Finder for Free! , http://click.heyamigo.com/ct/70b74da3

                           Ads by HeyAmigo.com, http://www.heyamigo.com

  Driver Tip: Installing Drivers Without A Setup or Install File

 We are still asked how to install drivers that do not contain a Setup or Install file. If
the file is not a single executable file, then most likely it will be a CAB file or a ZIP
file. In those cases, extract the file to a location on your hard drive. Then:

1. Right-click My Computer
  2. Choose Properties
  3. Choose Device Manager
  4. Right click on the device and click Properties
  5. Choose Driver and click Update Driver
  6. You will be asked to browse for the new driver. Locate the folder you placed it in
choose the appropriate file.

 » Perform a driver scan now!,
http://driveragent.com/?ref=503&amp;utm_source=esupport_newsletter&amp;utm_medium=email&amp;utm_content=drivertip&amp;utm_campaign=november2015newsletter

  [img]
   PC Performance Tip: Get Back HD Space After Upgrading To Windows 10

 When you’ve upgraded to Windows 10, you'll notice a significant hit on hard drive
space—up to 20 GB taken away from you. For those with older or even solid-state hard
drives (SSDs), this can be a substantial hit.

Luckily, there's a super easy way to reclaim some, or possibly all, of this space back,
and it's done with Windows' built-in Disk Cleanup utility.

To free up hard drive space, search for Disk Utility (or access it through the "Windows
Administrative Tools" folder in the Start menu). From there, hit the option for "Clean up
system files" and let Disk Cleanup relaunch.

Now you'll see options in the "Files to delete" list for "Previous Windows installations"
and "Temporary Windows installation files."

Just note that by clearing these two entries, you will no longer be able to roll back to
your previous version of Windows. So make sure it's something you want to do before
actually doing it.

» Perform a PC performance scan now!,
http://registrywizard.com/?ref=504&amp;utm_source=esupport_newsletter&amp;utm_medium=email&amp;utm_content=pcperformancetip&amp;utm_campaign=november2015newsletter

 [img]
   BIOS Tip – Will An Updated BIOS Fix That?

A question we get quite often is “Can a new BIOS fix my problem?” The answer depends
on what the problem is. There are certain things that a BIOS update will not fix. The
following are a couple of examples.

Increasing Amount of RAM or Updating the CPU – This one is a little tricky. Here’s
why… While, in most cases, you may need a BIOS update to help with your RAM and CPU
support, it isn’t the only factor. The chipset on the motherboard must also support the
amount of RAM and the speed of the CPU that you want to upgrade to. For example, if you
want to upgrade to 4GB of RAM, and the system chipset only supports 2GB, then a BIOS
update isn’t going to make a difference. However if the system chipset supports 4GB and
your system will only see 2GB, THEN a BIOS update is necessary. With the CPU, the system
chipset must support the speed that you are upgrading to If not, then the BIOS doesn’t
matter.

USB Boot Capability – USB Boot Capability is another function that is dependent on the
chipset. The system chipset must support this function in order for the BIOS to enable it.

  » Perform a BIOS scan now!,
http://biosagentplus.com/?ref=505&amp;utm_source=esupport_newsletter&amp;utm_medium=email&amp;utm_content=biostip&amp;utm_campaign=november2015newsletter

 [img] [img]
        Resize Your Windows 10 Start Menu

You can resize the Start menu, making it so that it only takes up a small corner of your
screen, or as large as your entire desktop. Just drag from the corners.

           Follow Us
            [img], https://twitter.com/eSupportcom [img],
https://plus.google.com/u/0/105683197015107782448/posts [img],
http://www.facebook.com/pages/eSupportcom-Inc/204747686227481

        Quote of the Month
             "A day without laughter is a day wasted."

 - Charlie Chaplin

          Sites of the Month

 [img]
    A Good Movie To Watch , http://agoodmovietowatch.com/
      A Good Movie to Watch finds you great movies you've never heard of but will
absolutely love.

    [img]
    Rick’s Daily Tips , http://www.ricksdailytips.com/
      Computer Tips, Tricks, and Tutorials.

           Did You Know?

 In the US, about 280 million turkeys are sold for the Thanksgiving celebrations.

           Vocab Test
              Phonetography

 The difficult task of taking a good picture with a camera phone.

           Browser Add-On
               Public Fox,
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/donottrackplus/?src=hp-dl-featured

 Protect your Passwords, Payments, and Privacy.

           SmartPhone App
              Relight ,
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/relight-better-photos/id1055538670?mt=8

  Instantly correct lighting and exposure and transform your photos into something
extraordinary.

                   [img]
    Twitter Tip

              If someone regularly retweets or replies to you, add them to a list so you
can return the favor.

            iPhone App

[img],
http://www.iphoneoptimizer.com//download?utm_source=esupport_newsletter&amp;utm_medium=email&amp;utm_content=sidenav&amp;utm_campaign=november2015newsletter

iOptimizer, http://iphoneoptimizer.com/download

  iOptimizer is the ultimate application for getting to know your iPhone, iPad or iPod
better. iOptimizer monitors the performance of your device, so that you can configure it
for optimal use. It will also help you find out everything about your iPhone, iPad or iPod
Touch both on the system and on the user level. iOptimizer is powerful, intuitive, and
extremely easy to set up and use.

 * iPad Support
 * Improved 'Activity' Section
 * Improved 'Processes' Section
 * Improved 'Battery' Section
 * Improved 'System' Information
 * Improved 'Network' Section Best of all — It's FREE!

 [img],
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=455952866&amp;mt=8&amp;ign-mpt=uo=6

             [img],
http://driveragent.com/?ref=503&amp;utm_source=esupport_newsletter&amp;utm_medium=email&amp;utm_content=sidenav&amp;utm_campaign=november2015newsletter

    [img],
http://www.undeleteplus.com/?ref=867&amp;utm_source=esupport_newsletter&amp;utm_medium=email&amp;utm_content=sidenav&amp;utm_campaign=november2015newsletter

    [img],
http://registrywizard.com/?ref=504&amp;utm_source=esupport_newsletter&amp;utm_medium=email&amp;utm_content=sidenav&amp;utm_campaign=november2015newsletter

    [img],
http://biosagentplus.com/?ref=505&amp;utm_source=esupport_newsletter&amp;utm_medium=email&amp;utm_content=sidenav&amp;utm_campaign=november2015newsletter

 [img]

 ©2015 eSupport.com. All Rights Reserved. | eSupport.com, Inc. | 120 Water St., Suite
405, North Andover, MA 01845
 Technical Support: support_at_esupport.com, mailto:support_at_esupport.com | Customer Service
&amp; Orders: support_at_esupport.com, mailto:support_at_esupport.com

 Don't want to receive this newsletter? Change Your Email Preferences,
http://newsletter.esupport.com/d67f82aa96c4786cd4997f903d54f526/unsubscribe or