New on Codecademy: Changes to Progress and More

From: Codecademy <info_at_codecademy.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2016 14:38:27 +0000

New on Codecademy: Changes to Progress and More

Hello none123,

We’re excited to announce a few updates coming to
Codecademy in the next few days! With this update, we’re
introducing a brand new dashboard and course catalog page.
Furthermore, we’re temporarily changing how we show course
progress. Read on to find out more.

Tracking Progress in the New Dashboard
--------------------------------------

With this release, we’re changing how we show
course progress; now, you’ll get progress on a course once you
complete the entire lesson. This may result in seeing your
reported progress go down, but don’t worry, you haven’t actually
lost progress and you’ll be able to jump right back into the
exercise you left off. This is temporary and will change in the
next few months as we release additional updates.

Focus on What You’re Learning
-----------------------------

Upon signing in, you’ll discover a new dashboard
that contains all the courses you’re taking. Jump right back
where you left off, or browse the courses you’re taking (or
already completed) right there in the dashboard.

Wondering What to Learn Next?
-----------------------------

The new catalog page makes it easier to figure
that out by letting you filter courses by different categories
that range from Web Development to Data Analytics. Want to know
what everyone else is doing? Sort by popularity. Want to get
ahead of the curve? Sort by Most Recent and get the latest skills
today!

A New Look
----------

You’ll also notice the site looks a bit
different! We’re adjusting the interface to provide more detail
and let you see more information, like the contents of course, at
a glance.

Happy coding!

The Codecademy Team

Codecademy