Please read: Flickr has agreed to be acquired by SmugMug

From: Flickr <donotreply_at_flickr.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2018 17:44:43 -0700

As we announced on April 20th, Flickr has agreed to be
acquired by SmugMug, the photography platform dedicated to
visual storytellers. SmugMug has a long history of
empowering people who love photography and who want to
improve their craft, making them a perfect fit for Flickr
and our creative community.

Nothing will change immediately with regard to your Flickr
account. The Flickr product and brand will live on under
SmugMug ownership. You will still access the same Flickr you
know and love at www.flickr.com and via our mobile apps.
SmugMug and Flickr will remain separate brands and you will
continue to have options for free and Pro Flickr accounts.
Until we notify you otherwise, you will continue to use your
current login credentials.

As a result of the acquisition, Flickr accounts will be
governed by SmugMug’s Terms of Service for Flickr and
Privacy Policy for Flickr. The Terms of Service and Privacy
Policy of Flickr’s current owner, Oath (formerly Yahoo),
will not apply to the use of Flickr after the acquisition.
You have until May 25, 2018 to review SmugMug’s Terms and
Privacy Policy. If you do nothing in that time, your account
will simply transition to SmugMug’s Terms of Service for
Flickr and Privacy Policy for Flickr after the acquisition.

If you do not consent to SmugMug’s Terms and Privacy
Policy, you will need to delete your Flickr account through
your Account Settings. If you want to preserve a copy of
your photos, be sure to download them from your Camera Roll
first.

Read more detailed FAQs about this transition on the Flickr
Blog.

We’re happy that Flickr is your home for photography and
we look forward to the next chapter in our adventure
together as we join the SmugMug family.

Thanks, The Flickr Team