Chess players make the best blues players

From: David Wallimann <contact_at_guitarplayback.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2018 20:02:00 +0000

Hello none,

The name of the game is...

... anticipation.

In chess, the best players don't just memorize every
tried-and-true method and trick to win (like some guitarists
memorize modes). Yes, those definitely help, come in handy, and
can make you a MUCH better player-- but they don't make you great
by themselves.

What sets good players apart from GREAT players is the ability to
listen, watch, and anticipate the next move. Being able to wait
and think for a second can be what it takes to win a game!

Same with guitar. We can absolutely pull off all of these great
licks that we've memorized and learned, and shred out scales that
we've practiced for hours on hours, but the thing that can really
make a song will come from sitting and listening to the nuances
of what is going on around you.

LES PAUL TAKES Emin7b5 ( https://el2.convertkit-mail.com/c/8ku92v94pptohx478m/reh8hohgovl78/aHR0cHM6Ly95b3V0dS5iZS9ESlZobnFoZFEyRQ== )

( https://el2.convertkit-mail.com/c/8ku92v94pptohx478m/0vuwh9h3pw6x8/aHR0cHM6Ly95b3V0dS5iZS9ESlZobnFoZFEyRQ== )

PS: If you've never played chess (or if you have), help is RIGHT
HERE. ( https://el2.convertkit-mail.com/c/8ku92v94pptohx478m/lkiehmh8dvmv0/aHR0cHM6Ly9jb252ZXJ0a2l0LnMzLmFtYXpvbmF3cy5jb20vbGFuZGluZ19wYWdlcy9pbmNlbnRpdmVzLzAwMC80NTAvNDYwL29yaWdpbmFsL0NoZXNzQmx1ZXMuemlwPzE1NDUyNTAzNTM= )

Practice Well!