Standing out... unconventionally

From: David Wallimann <contact_at_guitarplayback.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2019 20:01:50 +0000

What makes a solo stand out? Speed? Phrasing? Exotic scales or
flashy technique? To some extent, all of those things can make a
solo stand out. Those aren't the only ways though. Also, the more
heavily we rely on only one of those things, the less we actually
end up standing out from others or even our own playing,

I talk about the rhythm "thread" a lot, and I do that because I
think it's important. It ties all aspects of your playing
together, but can also serve as decoration! I want to look at an
approach to practicing that will force you to be a little (or a
lot) uncomfortable in order to help develop your rhythm. I think
this will be one of those keys that can really help you project
your own voice through your instrument!

THE LOOP MIGHT BE TACKY, BUT YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH THE RESULTS! (
https://el2.convertkit-mail.com/c/38uvqzvoddfkhdqvem/8ghqhoh02kz2xx/aHR0cHM6Ly95b3V0dS5iZS8zNHpmbmt1V25lSQ== )

( https://el2.convertkit-mail.com/c/38uvqzvoddfkhdqvem/v8u3hrhxv8lvdd/aHR0cHM6Ly95b3V0dS5iZS8zNHpmbmt1V25lSQ== )

PS: If you haven't created a FREE teachable account to access all
of the new video resources, you can do that here. (
https://el2.convertkit-mail.com/c/38uvqzvoddfkhdqvem/78i7h8hk63q6m9/aHR0cHM6Ly9nb28uZ2wveFU3Mmc3 )

Practice Well!