April 2019 Update from Postman

From: The Postman Team <thepostmanteam_at_getpostman.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2019 01:09:25 -0500 (CDT)

The Postman User Conference will be back in San Francisco! Join us on  September 11th & 12th, covering the state of APIs & connected software - with perspective, detailed use cases, and technical sessions, from industry experts, developers, and other API practitioners.

         - Pre-Conference Workshop: Wednesday, September 11th - advanced training on Postman. Earn a Postman certification! - Full-day Conference: Thursday, September 12th - full day of sessions covering all things Postman and all things API.

Reserve Your Spot Now!

         - Need more info (location, pricing, timing, etc.)?   Get the details <http://go.getpostman.com/hDA5U5M00U000ih3G100Dcj>. - Ready to register?  Buy early bird tickets <http://go.getpostman.com/hDA5U5M00U000ih3G100Dcj>! - Interested in speaking at POST/CON?  Share your idea for a talk <http://go.getpostman.com/B500dU0DG000513M0jVDAih>!
We want to hear from you!
Every year, we ask our community to answer a few questions about APIs, how they work, and technology trends. Please participate in our 2019 survey!
Bonus: If you want to contribute by filling out our survey, there might be some stellar Postman swag in it for you!
We are excited to introduce Better Practices, Postman's publication on modern software practices! We value continuous growth and learning, so this publication is dedicated to fostering up-and-coming knowledge in our community.  You can find thought-leadership articles, innovative recipes, tutorials, and more on Better Practices.
Postman May Mashup contest is happening now! Between now and May 31st, you can enter the May Mashup by sharing a collection as a Postman template!

The most popular templates will not only gain wide adoption from the Postman community but will also win fantastic prizes!
We're offering a free online workshop series! To attend live and have your questions answered by a Postman expert, register below.

 Workshop Topics:

         - Collaborating on API Design with Schema and Postman Collections - Watch the recording here <http://go.getpostman.com/a0001D05iU0j00BDiMG45Ah>. - Working Across Teams with Version Control and Collections as a Source of Truth - Watch the recording here <http://go.getpostman.com/hDA5j5M00U000ih4G100DCj>. - Powering Mocking, Monitoring, CI/CD, and Other Tasks with Collaborative Collections - Thursday, April 25th at 10:00 AM PST
There's a new Microsoft Postman Collection! Follow along with this tutorial by Jeremy Thake, Principal Program Manager at Microsoft, to learn how you can import and use Graph Explorer with any application <http://go.getpostman.com/r5020D040MlDjGU5A01i0h0> you've created in your Microsoft 365 tenant.

In this multipart series on Postman, Mic Whitehorn-Gillam, Senior Security Consultant at Secure Ideas, shows you how to send your first request <http://go.getpostman.com/y54UjiAG0h0DDM305m00100> in Postman, how to set up penetration tests <http://go.getpostman.com/UinA05D0DM0Uh4005G0104j> by proxying Postman through Burp Extensions, and how you can use Postman for more advanced functions <http://go.getpostman.com/eG0j5D00010MU40i55oDA0h>.

Don't shy away from automating tests on APIs that use 2FA. Valentin Despa, Software Developer Educator, shows you an example of how to set up an automated test using Postman and the GitHub API <http://go.getpostman.com/v15j0G460hDDUAp5M00i000> in his latest tutorial.

Save time by using Newman <http://go.getpostman.com/z0ij0hD0015MG745UAq0D00> to import data files that store parameters for different environments. Learn how in this tutorial by Jen-Hsuan Hsieh, Software Engineer at Garmin.

You can now connect the Mercedes-Benz API with Postman to get status updates on your vehicle's door locks, tire pressure, and more <http://go.getpostman.com/R00D5j5Mih0000A1U8D4rG0> thanks to this article by Alexey Bakulin, Software  Developer.

This video tutorial by Raghav Pal, Test Automation Teacher at Automation Step by Step, shows you how you can chain API requests in Postman <http://go.getpostman.com/u9G100jM5D0h0s004AiUD50>.

This article from Velotio Technologies takes a dive into testing and automating with Postman and Newman. Learn how you can use Postman as a full-featured testing sandbox <http://go.getpostman.com/SM0D0h0jD150GUA05004ita> in this tutorial!
Do you want to help shape the development of Postman? We're conducting user testing to get your feedback. If you would like to participate (and get some fashionable Postman swag while you're at it), please sign up to be a part of our user testing program!
Postman was chosen as one of the top 26 tools for VMware administrators <http://go.getpostman.com/m100Gw0050ih5DAjM4d0UD0> by Tecmint! See which other companies made the cut.

Abhinav Asthana, CEO  and  co-founder of Postman, dives into QA best practices and how you can upgrade and simplify your QA workflow <http://go.getpostman.com/y54UjiAG0h0DDM305m00100> in his latest article in ProgrammableWeb.

Postman was named one of the top market players <http://go.getpostman.com/b0000hMD4Ue1DA5x000ij5G> in Market Research News' latest API Management Software Report.

In this article from The Software Report, Kasey Byrne, our VP of Marketing, discusses how she leverages the most practical and effective strategies to lead her team <http://go.getpostman.com/VjMy100h450D000UD5iAfG0> at Postman.
© 2019 Postman Inc., All Rights Reserved.
595 Market Street, Suite 1130  San Francisco, CA 94105 <http://go.getpostman.com/HU0000i0GADj4D51D5M00kh>
Click to unsubscribe <[[https://pages.getpostman.com/UnsubscribePage.html?mkt_unsubscribe=1&mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiTkRReE5ETTFNakJoTVdKbCIsInQiOiJGM1NHOFVPMnR1NGRmVVZkdHJkT0l0YWEwQjM5cy9rK1BZNTF1RUdRQUVVM1AvL1VFTXYyRng4RERqclU0Q0J6T1pmTW9yd0lsczVjQ3RZcVIvWjV3SWdzK0pSK21kRXg3K0FFYUpRb2RDSGpva05OU29md09UdEp2S0RYeWNCcyJ9]]> from these emails.