Your May 2019 Update from Postman

From: The Postman Team <thepostmanteam_at_getpostman.com>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2019 22:10:47 -0500 (CDT)

We're excited to announce Postman's new feature for creating APIs!

Manage every aspect of your API with the new API tab and versioning. The new update is packed with new features that make API design and development quicker and easier.

Here's what you'll get when you update to Postman v7.1:

        -
The API tab creates an organized workflow that is centered around your API so you can design and develop from start to finish in Postman.

        - Extended schema support allows you to write, edit, or import your API schema to define your API.
        - API versioning allows you to create and maintain multiple versions of an API simultaneously.
        - Version tagging allows you to tag and link API elements like Postman Collections, mock servers, and variables to any version of your API.
The Postman User Conference is back in SF on September 11th & 12th!
The two-day event will include technical sessions and detailed use cases from industry experts and speakers from PayPal, Cisco DevNet, Atlassian, and more.

        - Pre-Conference Workshop: Wednesday, September 11th - Get advanced training with Postman and earn a Postman certification!
        - Full-day Conference: Thursday, September 12th - See a full day of sessions covering all things Postman and all things API.

Save your spot now!

        - Coming from out of town? Book a hotel with the Postman discount <http://go.getpostman.com/q5DU0h1jDc0G5d00M0AK00i>.
        -
Need more info (location, pricing, timing, etc.)?  Get the details <http://go.getpostman.com/s0Ld1D50jMGd0U0i5A00h0D>.

        -
Ready to register? Buy early bird tickets <http://go.getpostman.com/s0Ld1D50jMGd0U0i5A00h0D>!

        -
Interested in speaking at POST/CON? Share your idea for a talk <http://go.getpostman.com/gM0j5GD0i005MD0hU100edA>.
We want to hear from you!
Every year, we ask our community to answer a few questions about your workflow, pain points, how you work with APIs, and what types of resources you use. We'll create a report to share with you once the results are in, just like we did with last year's results <http://go.getpostman.com/s0Nd1D50jMGf0U0i5A00h0D>.

We'd love to hear from you, plus, you'll get the chance to win some Postman swag!
Announcing Postman 7.1: Create APIs directly within Postman
Now you can create APIs from start-to-finish in Postman <http://go.getpostman.com/CMA00h0PD1dU0Ghj0i05D05>! Learn all about the new API tab, versioning, version tagging, and schema support in our blog.

Postman Quarterly Release Overview: Q1 2019
Postman has published major releases in our first quarter  <http://go.getpostman.com/m100Gi0050ih5DAjMdQ0UD0>including OpenAPI 3.0 Support, Postman Bootcamp Lessons, Forking + Merging, and much more!

API Network Exploration: AirVisual
Learn about how you can get started with the AirVisual API <http://go.getpostman.com/jijM050DU105j0AGDhR0d00> using Postman's API Network using the Run in Postman Button.

The Postman Workshop Series Recap

        - Develop APIs with Your Team in Postman <http://go.getpostman.com/Y0h5d0kGA00ij010DMU0SD5> – Recap Part 1
        - Collaborate Better with Postman Version Control <http://go.getpostman.com/n0UA0Tl00iGD0DM0j510hd5> - Recap Part 2
Our own Kaustav Das Modak, Postman Dev Advocate, wrote a guest spot on the CircleCI blog that walks through how to set up a CircleCI pipeline with Postman <http://go.getpostman.com/O0d0A5iD0010GUDU0m0h5jM>, Newman, and CircleCI orbs, or you can watch the webinar with CircleCI to see the demo <http://go.getpostman.com/JM0DUi0V5D0Gndj0hA00150> of the Postman and CircleCI integration!

Take Shutterstock's API for a test drive. Check out this step-by-step tutorial by Jing Gu, Content Marketing Manager at Shutterstock, using the Shutterstock API Postman Collection <http://go.getpostman.com/Q0dD0jM0UW0Di1G5h00o5A0>.

In this tutorial by Sameer Borate, Web Developer, learn to build a Node.js and Express.js API <http://go.getpostman.com/n0UA0Xp00iGD0DM0j510hd5> to convert markdown to HTML - and make sure it really works by testing with Postman.

This tutorial by Muhammad Saqlain, Senior Software Developer at Invision Custom Solutions Inc, walks you through how to write integration tests <http://go.getpostman.com/JM0DUi0Y5D0Gqdj0hA00150> with Postman, automate them, and generate documentation.

Pure Storage has a new Postman Collection! Learn how you can get started with the Pure1 API <http://go.getpostman.com/v15j0GdZ0hDDUAr5M00i000> with this tutorial by Raphael Londner, Principal Developer Advocate at Pure Storage.

Learn how to connect to a third-party server using Postman <http://go.getpostman.com/q5DU0h1jDt0G5e00M0A000i> and an SSH tunnel with this tutorial by Indika Bandara Wijesooriya, Chief Digital Officer of Arimac.

Chatbots and other conversational interfaces are becoming more advanced. In this article on InfoQ, Lucian Adrian Stroie, Tech Lead at R/GA, dives into his approach of testing conversational interfaces with Postman <http://go.getpostman.com/P000G1hUDM0A150e0juD5i0>.

Learn how you can use the Amazon Pinpoint API <http://go.getpostman.com/o002G00ve005AU05jDMhiD1> to send targetted or transactional messages using Postman in the recent AWS tutorial.
Continuous Testing of APIs
One of our dev advocates breaks down the most effective strategies for continuously testing APIs <http://go.getpostman.com/WU05xGM5D140DhA00i0je00>.

End-to-End Testing with Cypress
One of our web developers discusses why we chose Cypress for our end to end testing and what to consider when you're choosing an end-to-end testing tool <http://go.getpostman.com/p0500U05yD0i15GMhD0Aje0>.

Auditing AWS IAM for Better Security Practices
More companies are using identity-based management for security. In this article, one of our engineers breaks down how Postman uses AWS IAM <http://go.getpostman.com/HU0000i0GAzjeD51D5M006h> to audit our IT infrastructure, and how you can too!

Building Typeform’s Collection
Learn how a Typeform engineer automated API documentation <http://go.getpostman.com/s07e1D50jMGA0U0i5A00h0D> using OpenAPI and Postman.
Postman online training courses are lead by a live instructor so you can get your questions answered in real time. We have courses scheduled in multiple time zones over the next few months.

Introduction to APIs
Our newest training is designed for people with no previous Postman experience. You'll learn what APIs are, why they're important, and we'll prepare you for the Postman Fundamentals course.
Register for the Introduction to APIs Training <http://go.getpostman.com/B500BU0DG00051eM0j8DAih>

Postman Fundamentals Training
This online training course is an excellent way to get started with Postman quickly and easily.
Register for Postman Fundamentals Training <http://go.getpostman.com/ZMG5A05Ch0001i0j900DDUe>

Postman Expert Training
Have you already mastered the Postman basics? Learn new skills and complex techniques in our online training sessions for experts.
Register for Postman Expert Training <http://go.getpostman.com/Y0h5e0DGA00ij010DMU0aD5>
Arun Dorairajan, Principle Solutions Architect at Axway, breaks down how to connect an app to Microsoft Azure AD <http://go.getpostman.com/I051bUj0D5AEGh0i0e0MD00> with AMPLIFY API Management and Postman in this article on DZone.

Postman's developer-first approach helps us grow <http://go.getpostman.com/Ae1K05UM00Gh5Ai00D0h0jD> and maintain the Postman community. Learn how in this interview with Joyce Lin, Postman Dev Advocate, on SiliconANGLE theCUBE.

Learn how Postman manages surging API adoption <http://go.getpostman.com/TGGUe0A05000jMd01D5ihD0> in the community by providing resources for users at any level in this article from SiliconANGLE.

Postman made Datamation's list of the top 10 API management tools <http://go.getpostman.com/JM0DUi0e5D0GHej0hA00150>! Check it out to see how Postman helps organizations thrive in the modern software economy.