This angry old man taught me a lesson...

From: David Wallimann <contact_at_guitarplayback.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2019 19:01:23 +0000

No, I didn't get beat up by an angry old guy, but boy did I get
yelled at! I don't lose my temper much at all, but this is one of
the few times where I really just... lost it.

What I could have and should have done was taken some time to
calm down and have some patience. He could have done the same
thing. We could have looked at things from the other's
perspective.

That's when it hit me-- that's so true with guitar too.

We can come up with all sorts of things that *feel* fun to play,
or can sound challenging or technical to us as guitarists. And
these things are great, we should always be pushing ourselves to
learn more and play better. But sometimes what feels cool might
not fit what is going on around us, or can just lose the
listener. That's why you have to take a little bit of time and
effort to put yourself in the listener's shoes and ask yourself,
"Is this fun to listen to, or just fun to play?".

IF YOU EVER SEE AN ANGRY OLD GUY IN A TRUCK COMING AFTER YOU--
PUT THE GUITAR DOWN AND RUN ( https://el2.convertkit-mail.com/c/p9ukg5k499c9h9mnk2/3ohphkh2n748z3/aHR0cHM6Ly95b3V0dS5iZS91RnpRazZJTk9mVQ== )

( https://el2.convertkit-mail.com/c/p9ukg5k499c9h9mnk2/n4uohvhxk364rv/aHR0cHM6Ly95b3V0dS5iZS91RnpRazZJTk9mVQ== )

Practice Well!

PS: We extended the discount on the Melodic Formula course.

CLICK HERE ( https://el2.convertkit-mail.com/c/p9ukg5k499c9h9mnk2/0diwh9h9kdg4zq/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ3VpdGFycGxheWJhY2suY29tL3AvbWVsb2RpYy1mb3JtdWxh ) to find out more!

( https://el2.convertkit-mail.com/c/p9ukg5k499c9h9mnk2/l8fehmhnz36pre/aHR0cDovL3lvdXR1YmUuY29tL3dhbGxpbWFubg== )

( https://el2.convertkit-mail.com/c/p9ukg5k499c9h9mnk2/extph7hl20qz4o/aHR0cDovL3d3dy5mYWNlYm9vay5jb20vZ3VpdGFycGxheWJhY2s= )

( https://el2.convertkit-mail.com/c/p9ukg5k499c9h9mnk2/z0cghnhk83pzw2/aHR0cHM6Ly9pbnN0YWdyYW0uY29tL2Rhdmlkd2FsbGltYW5u )