Learning new scales in an easy, useful way!

From: David Wallimann <contact_at_guitarplayback.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2019 19:00:40 +0000

Scales. How many of them are there? We're always talking about
all of these modes, and then you can get into *exotic* scales...
eastern scales... fish scales...

Too many scales.

But they are useful tools when you don't get stressed or
obsessed. They can open up your ear and really broaden your
musical scope to more than what you would normally play. They're
good for ear training, and finger training.

Just mindlessly practicing scales isn't going to help you any
though, and that's really NOT fun. Today, I'm going to be talking
about a better way to practice scales. One that will make them
stick better, become more useful in your playing, and really be
fun-- not just work.

DON'T TRY TO PLAY FISH SCALES. UNLESS YOU'RE USING THEM AS
PICKS... THAT MIGHT WORK. ( https://el2.convertkit-mail.com/c/v8u6kw64mmurhnqo7gag/08hwh9h9gp632q/aHR0cHM6Ly95b3V0dS5iZS9mVE1MdUIxUnlKVQ== )

( https://el2.convertkit-mail.com/c/v8u6kw64mmurhnqo7gag/8kuqhoh2q76mok/aHR0cHM6Ly95b3V0dS5iZS9mVE1MdUIxUnlKVQ== )

Practice Well!

( https://el2.convertkit-mail.com/c/v8u6kw64mmurhnqo7gag/m5i7h5hqml6d3v/aHR0cDovL3lvdXR1YmUuY29tL3dhbGxpbWFubg== )