The *best* notes to play in a solo

From: David Wallimann <contact_at_guitarplayback.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2019 19:00:51 +0000

What makes a good solo? Ask 10 people and you might get 10
different answers with maybe a few things in common. Some will
say technical skill and speed. Others will say phrasing or note
usage. Even more might say tone.

Something that they all have in common? Memorability. Good solos
are memorable, they stick with you! And because of that, they
have some kind of meaning-- WHATEVER that may be to you.

So if we turn and look at our own writing, we want our playing to
be *memorable* to people. We want to impart meaning and have an
effect on people's senses. Today, we're going to look at a way to
approach notes as different feelings (or senses). Once you've got
this down, you can start using them and targeting them that way!

JUST REMEMBER, THE BROWN NOTE IS A BAD FEELING. DON'T USE IT!
(UNLESS YOU HATE YOUR AUDIENCE) ( https://el2.convertkit-mail.com/c/o8ud27dowwtqhrllpgtv/z2hghnhkv92xqp/aHR0cHM6Ly95b3V0dS5iZS9FWkM2amc1UEJfTQ== )

( https://el2.convertkit-mail.com/c/o8ud27dowwtqhrllpgtv/xwiph6hp68v059/aHR0cHM6Ly95b3V0dS5iZS9FWkM2amc1UEJfTQ== )

Practice Well!

( https://el2.convertkit-mail.com/c/o8ud27dowwtqhrllpgtv/ketmh6h5qg0vx6/aHR0cDovL3lvdXR1YmUuY29tL3dhbGxpbWFubg== )