Updates to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

From: Dropbox <no-reply_at_dropboxmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2019 19:21:54 +0000

Hi grer,

We’re constantly looking for ways to improve the Dropbox experience. This year we’ve announced new features[1] , partnerships[2] , and the acquisition of HelloSign[3] . To support these improvements, we’ve made a few updates to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Here’s a summary of the key additions:
 - Terms of Service . On June 11, we unveiled the new Dropbox. Our mission is to offer a robust collaboration workspace that helps users find, retrieve, organize, and prioritize their files, collaborate with others, and stay focused on their most important work. To better align with that mission and the new Dropbox, our revised Terms outline that our Services provide “features like commenting, sharing, searching, image thumbnails, document previews, optical character recognition (OCR), easy sorting and organization, and personalization to help reduce busywork.” We’ve also revised our beta terms to include a confidentiality provision and to allow Dropbox to solicit feedback from beta participants.
 - Privacy Policy . We’ve updated our Privacy Policy to include more details on what personal data we collect and how we use it. For instance, our Privacy Policy now explains how Dropbox shares data with companies that it acquires (like HelloSign) and other ecosystem partners[4] that offer integrations for Dropbox users. We’ve also revised our Privacy Shield attestation so that data transfers from the UK to the US will continue to be covered by our Privacy Shield certification if the UK leaves the European Union.

 You can read the full Terms of Service[5] and Privacy Policy[6] , which will go into effect on September 24th, 2019. You can also find our previous Terms here[7] . For more details, visit our Help Center[8] .

Thanks!
- The Dropbox Team

[1]: https://www.dropbox.com/l/AACMmNlUrieKjfH3tEuV0vmHutW9xBL1t74
[2]: https://www.dropbox.com/l/AAAekYsvfJAMVpfpS2yO_oonLh1QbF5CgFc