Blues got you down? Try this scale!

From: David Wallimann <contact_at_guitarplayback.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2019 19:00:34 +0000

We're closing out the week by keeping up our focus on blues
playing!

Why?

Because it's fun!

Almost every guitarist started playing the blues using the minor
pentatonic scale... and most of us are STILL playing the blues
using the minor pentatonic scale. (Don't fix it if it ain't
broke, right?). But when we listen to the blues there's all these
notes that just sound... bluesy. We call them blues notes, and
they actually clash in pretty much every other context. They even
clash in the blues, but our ears are trained to be used to it.
How weird is that??

Well these notes can actually be incorporated into the form of
the minor pentatonic to make them easier to play and visualize,
and the resulting scale is called... the blues scale! That's what
we'll be playing around with today. If you're already familiar
with it, jump in for the free backing track and get some practice
licks in to kick off your weekend!

NOTHING LIKE STARTING YOUR WEEKEND WITH SOME DISSONANCE! (
https://el2.convertkit-mail.com/c/qduvmwv7ggf7hr8gnzbl/m2h7h5hqdm5x4w/aHR0cHM6Ly95b3V0dS5iZS9hREFvbFBQYUdaYw== )

( https://el2.convertkit-mail.com/c/qduvmwv7ggf7hr8gnzbl/d0ueh0hol86xpr/aHR0cHM6Ly95b3V0dS5iZS9hREFvbFBQYUdaYw== )

Practice Well!

PS: If you are interested in taking your Blues soloing to the
next level, take a look at this ( https://el2.convertkit-mail.com/c/qduvmwv7ggf7hr8gnzbl/z4ighnhkqp6zl6/aHR0cHM6Ly9teS5ndWl0YXJwbGF5YmFjay5jb20vYmx1ZXMtc3BlY2lhbA== )!

( https://el2.convertkit-mail.com/c/qduvmwv7ggf7hr8gnzbl/6kfeh8h5mnr49g/aHR0cDovL3lvdXR1YmUuY29tL3dhbGxpbWFubg== )

( https://el2.convertkit-mail.com/c/qduvmwv7ggf7hr8gnzbl/55tvh7hnrkxw6d/aHR0cDovL3d3dy5mYWNlYm9vay5jb20vZ3VpdGFycGxheWJhY2s= )

( https://el2.convertkit-mail.com/c/qduvmwv7ggf7hr8gnzbl/gzcnh5hl4692qq/aHR0cHM6Ly9pbnN0YWdyYW0uY29tL2Rhdmlkd2FsbGltYW5u )