Using chromatic accents to improve your blues

From: David Wallimann <contact_at_guitarplayback.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2019 20:01:01 +0000 (UTC)

So you've got the pentatonic and blues scales down, you've got
the technique, and yo've got the tone. You can successfully fly
all over and between the positions and nail the usual bends, but
your playing still sounds... generic. What's missing?

As we've discussed before on the channel-- blues is imperfect.
That's what makes blues so distinct. It has these critical
imperfections that just don't fit in other genres. Intentional
mistakes.

Today, we're going to look at how playing chromatic passages
through your pentatonic positions can be that secret ingredient
for completing your blues recipe. The "bones" of the pentatonic
are your safe notes that will let people know that YOU know what
you're doing. But all of the muscle and tendons that connect the
bones? That's the chromatic passage that you can use to create
something more unique and... fleshed out (ba-dum-tsk).HOPEFULLY
YULE HAVE A BLUES CHRISTMAS, NOT A BLUE ONE (
https://el2.convertkit-mail.com/c/4zuxk6xzeesehmd5gkux/9qhzhnh336ow84/aHR0cHM6Ly95b3V0dS5iZS9qU0FJeHNmTGpBQQ== )

Practice Well!

( https://el2.convertkit-mail.com/c/4zuxk6xzeesehmd5gkux/r8u8hohvv3gdpr/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cueW91dHViZS5jb20vd2FsbGltYW5uP3N1Yl9jb25maXJtYXRpb249MQ== )

( https://el2.convertkit-mail.com/c/4zuxk6xzeesehmd5gkux/lkiehmhvvn82px/aHR0cDovL3d3dy5mYWNlYm9vay5jb20vZ3VpdGFycGxheWJhY2s= )