Let's play chord roulette!

From: David Wallimann <contact_at_guitarplayback.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2020 22:18:31 +0000 (UTC)

How do you build chords? Do you know your chord theory? Is it an
interval thing, an ear thing, or just a straight-up guessing
game?

I ask these questions because all of these are valid ways that
I've seen people approach chord building. Sometimes it's an
almost mathematical jazz exercise (NOT the same as Jazzercise),
other times it's just stumbling around with first position chords
to try and find the one that sounds right in your chord
progression.

Well today, I have an exercise for you that's much MORE of a
creative ear-training exercise and LESS of a math problem! We're
going to play chord roulette. By throwing our fingers ANYWHERE on
the fretboard and turning it into a usable chord. Oh, there will
be some interval work, but that comes after the fact. This is NOT
a lesson on recognizing or hearing intervals, this IS all about
using your ear to create something really cool that you can use
in your own playing and writing!

MY MOMMA ALWAYS SAID CHORDS WERE LIKE A CHUNK OF PLAY-DOUGH...
(NO, SHE DIDN'T... BUT I DID!) ( https://el2.convertkit-mail.com/c/68uvmrvkoof8hl34ddbo/p8heh9h54kkldd/aHR0cHM6Ly95b3V0dS5iZS94WlBVb09LR1FCUQ== )

( https://el2.convertkit-mail.com/c/68uvmrvkoof8hl34ddbo/xmuph6hde88lzz/aHR0cHM6Ly95b3V0dS5iZS94WlBVb09LR1FCUQ== )

Practice Well!

( https://el2.convertkit-mail.com/c/68uvmrvkoof8hl34ddbo/5pivh7hogppz0z/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cueW91dHViZS5jb20vd2FsbGltYW5uP3N1Yl9jb25maXJtYXRpb249MQ== )