How to learn licks the right way!

From: David Wallimann <contact_at_guitarplayback.com>
Date: Sat, 30 May 2020 15:17:55 +0000 (UTC)

So in yesterday's email, I told you that memorizing licks won't
make you better at improvising. They are good at making you sound
like a great guitarist, but if we're really being honest-- they
just teach you to mimic really well. And that has it's uses...
but not when it comes to playing like yourself!

Next time you learn a lick, try this:

1. Listen to the lick; mentally analyze it.

Draw a mental picture of it. Ascending notes? Draw an ascending
line. Going down? Draw descending stairs.

The mental process is important.

Next, try to figure out the lick by ear. NO TABS! I'll know if
you cheat! This will lead you to discover subtle (but profound
things) in the way the lick is played.

That's the 1st step.

The 2nd step is to use that lick as an opening statement. Respond
to it musically.

My new course explains exactly how all this is done in a
no-nonsense way! It also comes with some super practical licks
that you can use as stepping stones to build your improv ideas
off of (but don't just memorize)!All of this might sound
complicated, but it's VERY EASY-- I promise. It's all laid out in
the course.Now that we're a few days into talking about the
course, I want to disclose that we're in the early bird pricing
right now. What does that mean? It means that the course price
will go up after this promotional period... So I want you to get
the MAX benefit and check it out early! I want to reward
action-takers, and to prove that this is about being a benefit to
you, I also want to let you know about the 30-day no questions
asked refund! If you're unhappy with the course for any reason,
you can contact me and I will refund you 100%, no questions
asked!

What is there to lose? Check it out at the link below!

( https://el2.convertkit-mail.com/c/68uvmrvkoofou7qk94so/l2hehmhk6m9xpl/aHR0cHM6Ly9kZmw0LnVzL3MvYzU2M2Y3NTk_ZW09bm9uZUBub25lLmh1 )

CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE COURSE! (
https://el2.convertkit-mail.com/c/68uvmrvkoofou7qk94so/mvu7h5hnm6p4x3/aHR0cHM6Ly9kZmw0LnVzL3MvYzU2M2Y3NTk_ZW09bm9uZUBub25lLmh1 )

PS: Tired of hearing about this course? Click here to stop
hearing about it! ( https://el2.convertkit-mail.com/c/68uvmrvkoofou7qk94so/wxi85p9raghox2p0zk/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ3VpdGFycGxheWJhY2suY29tL3AvZW1haWxz )

( https://el2.convertkit-mail.com/c/68uvmrvkoofou7qk94so/d9feh0h789gp30/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cueW91dHViZS5jb20vd2FsbGltYW5uP3N1Yl9jb25maXJtYXRpb249MQ== )

( https://el2.convertkit-mail.com/c/68uvmrvkoofou7qk94so/55tvh7h9kd86e2/aHR0cDovL3d3dy5mYWNlYm9vay5jb20vZ3VpdGFycGxheWJhY2s= )

( https://el2.convertkit-mail.com/c/68uvmrvkoofou7qk94so/nncohvho69p7dl/aHR0cHM6Ly9pbnN0YWdyYW0uY29tL2Rhdmlkd2FsbGltYW5u )