Our latest CEO update

From: McDonald's <no-reply_at_news.mcdonalds.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2020 18:39:35 +0100

Changing procedures and enhanced safety measures

McDonald's
https://www.mcdonalds.com/gb/en-gb.html

Hi,

In my last update in July, we were preparing to reopen
for dine-in, extending our opening hours and expanding our
McDelivery® service through Uber Eats and Just Eat. Eight
weeks on I am incredibly proud of how our restaurant teams
have adapted to accommodate these changes, and grateful to
you, our customers, for your patience and support as we have
adjusted to our new ways of working.

As we've increased the services and menu items we're offering,
we have continued to prioritise enabling safe working for our
people and safe visiting for our customers. This has meant
changing some of our procedures and enhancing safety measures
to continue to give you peace of mind. In the last month we have:

- Installed portable screens in our dining areas to provide
additional protection for those of you choosing to dine-in;
- Positioned additional protective screens near our self-order
kiosks to create ordering booths;
- Removed chairs and free-standing furniture to increase the
size of walkways;
- Enabled our front of house teams to support customers in
making use of Table Service and the My McDonald's app when visiting.

This week, we've also trialled Click. Park. Collect in 24
restaurants, enabling food to be delivered to your parked car
via the My McDonald's app. We've introduced Apple Pay too, to
provide even greater convenience for those seeking contact-free
ways to order and pay through the app.

We're continually reviewing the solutions we've introduced to
ensure they remain practical and enable our teams to work and you
to visit safely. Thank you on behalf of our employees for your
continued adherence to these guidelines. I know in some cases
you've had to wait a little longer and things have been different.
But I'm sure you'll agree that it is everyone's responsibility to
keep one another safe, and to play our part we will continue to update
our procedures in line with the latest government and public
health authority guidance.

I know some favourites are still missing from the menu, and many
of you have been asking if and when they'll make a return. We are
constantly testing reintroducing additional menu items, but I have
been clear throughout that we will only do so when we are confident
we can bring them back safely. Each new item can put additional
pressure on the restaurant teams, so ahead of introducing something
new, we work with an open restaurant to test cooking, preparing and
serving in high volumes to ensure that it can be brought to all
customers safely.

The Triple Cheeseburger is a great example. This was incredibly
popular during the sales test earlier in the year and we knew our
restaurant teams needed to have adjusted to all of the new procedures
before we could bring it to every restaurant. We launched last week,
once we were confident that we could introduce it safely, and from
the reaction we've seen in restaurants and on social media, it remains
as popular now as it was during the test. We are working hard to find
ways to reintroduce our grilled chicken for our wraps and salads as
soon as we can safely do so, in order to provide even greater choice
for our customers.

As government guidance continues to change and develop, we will
work quickly to ensure our restaurants remain safe, clean and welcoming
for you and your families. We appreciate the feedback you've given us
on the measures we've introduced, and will continue to ensure we serve
the communities in which we operate safely and responsibly.

Thank you for your continued support.

Paul Pomroy
Chief Executive Officer, McDonald's UK and Ireland

McDonald's
https://www.mcdonalds.com/gb/en-gb.html

Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/McDonaldsUK/?brand_redir=10150097174480584

Twitter
https://twitter.com/McDonaldsUK

Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/McDonaldsUK

Hungry?
https://www.mcdonalds.com/gb/en-gb/restaurant-locator.html

© 2020 McDonald's. The Golden Arches Logo, McDonald's,
Happy Meal and McFlurry are registered trade marks of
McDonald's Corporation and its affiliates.

Site Terms and Conditions for Use can be found here
https://www.mcdonalds.com/gb/en-gb/terms-and-conditions.html

Our Privacy Statement applies and can be found here
https://www.mcdonalds.com/gb/en-gb/privacy-policy.html

All rights reserved.

Unsubscribe
https://unsubscribe.mcdonalds.co.uk/acs/unsubscribe.php?email=gabot.tren_at_none.hu

Contact Us
http://www.mcdonalds.co.uk/ukhome/Contact-us.html

McDonald's Restaurants Ltd, 11-59 High Road, East Finchley,
London, N2 8AW, United Kingdom

Do not reply to this email.