Description

From: Millard Addington <millardad0_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2020 21:35:32 +0000

A woman should not be blamed for being a distraction or dangerous Some men have more self-control than others, which can help them manage their behavior and priorities In fact, success of many men in ancient Chinese society can be attributed to women When women are mentioned as being dangerous, it does not mean that they are also evil Dangerous implies that if a man fails to handle his love-life properly, it may lead to other failures In other words, if a man can manage his choices and be free from distraction, then he will become successful In The Story of Ying-Ying, Chang made the choice of not seeing her in order to pursue his career The fact that they were very much in love with each other shows how hard it was for him to make this choice, “It is a general rule that those women endowed by Heaven with great beauty invariably either destroy themselves or destroy someone else…I have no inner strength to withstand this evil influence That is why I have resolutely suppressed my love” He thought of her presence as ‘this evil influence’, which would have destroyed him eventually Despite the love Chang had for Ts’ui, he gave up on her as an opportunity cost to save his career future Therefore, in the story of Chang and Ts’ui, although the woman has been depicted as dangerous, the man was capable of suppressing his feelings and did not let her influence his pursuit of success