Postman Newsletter: 2020 Year in Review

From: The Postman Team <news_at_postman.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2020 02:55:59 -0600 (CST)

Hi there,

A lot happened in 2020. Like, a lot. But for us, it was all about you—the fantastic, 13-million-strong Postman community. We listened closely to your feedback and, as a result, we introduced a dizzying amount of product updates, features, and capabilities this year.

Let’s take a look back at a few highlights, shall we?

TOP 5 POSTMAN HIGHLIGHTS FOR 2020

⦿ API collections to help in the COVID-19 fight
We created a curated list of pandemic-related API resources and collections that helped in the COVID-19 fight, and we made it all available on Postman.com.

==> Visit the resource center: https://covid-19-apis.postman.com/

⦿ Postman is now on the web
The brand-new web version of Postman offers a range of performance and experience improvements by delivering Postman directly in your browser for the first time.

==> Explore Postman for the web: https://test123987.postman.co/home

⦿ Postman joins the OpenAPI Initiative
This year we proudly joined the OpenAPI Initiative (OAI) as an official member alongside 35 other tech companies. The OAI is an inspiring, industry-wide project to promote a broadly adopted standard for describing modern APIs.

==> Read the blog post: https://blog.postman.com/postman-joins-openapi-initiative/

⦿ Introducing Postman public workspaces: the first massively multiplayer API experience
We recently introduced Postman public workspaces, an entirely new way to work together on APIs. Now, people from different teams, different companies—virtually anyone, really—can work together to build software in a way that was not possible before.

==> Read the blog post: https://blog.postman.com/introducing-postman-public-workspaces/

⦿ AsyncAPI joins forces with Postman to define the future of APIs
Postman is now partnering with AsyncAPI—an initiative for standardizing message-driven APIs—to develop the open source tooling around the AsyncAPI specification that the API community needs to deliver the next generation of APIs.

==> Read the blog post: https://blog.postman.com/asyncapi-joins-forces-with-postman-future-of-apis/

A SHOUTOUT TO OUR COMMUNITY MEMBER FOR THEIR SPECTACULAR 2020 EFFORTS

This year we had record participation from community members on Postman’s community forum at community.postman.com—more than 2,000 new users created their first posts and we saw more than 7,000 new replies to posts. We’d love to see you there too, so jump in anytime.

Speaking of community: this month’s Community Spotlight(https://blog.postman.com/community-spotlight-pricilla-belwin/) is on Pricilla Belwin, a senior QA engineer based in Kuala Lumpur. Her enthusiasm is evident through the 24 cumulative hours (!) she has spent on the forum in the last four months.

2020 EDUCATIONAL, INSTRUCTIONAL, AND INFORMATION HIGHLIGHTS

The fantastic Postman community is always thirsty for more learning, so we worked hard in 2020 to constantly deliver blog posts, reports, webinars, livestreams, and more to help quench that thirst.

⦿ 2020 Editor’s Picks blog posts

- Introducing the 2020 U.S. Election API Resource Center: https://blog.postman.com/launching-us-2020-election-api-resource-center/
- The Postman API Network: Discover, Explore, and Share APIs: https://blog.postman.com/postman-api-network-intro/
- Introducing The Good Documentation Checklist: https://blog.postman.com/postman-good-documentation-checklist/
- How Postman Uses the OpenAPI Specification: https://blog.postman.com/openapi-specification-postman-how-to/
- How to Set Up the New Twitter API Faster in Postman: https://blog.postman.com/how-to-set-up-the-twitter-api-faster/

⦿ The 2020 State of the API Report
Curious about trends in the API industry and what its future may look like? We surveyed more than 13,500 API professionals to bring you the industry’s largest and most comprehensive API report.
==> Read the report: https://www.postman.com/state-of-api/

⦿ Webinars
If you’re looking for helpful information on topics ranging from how-to-get-started-with-Postman to continuous API testing and more, check out Postman’s on-demand and upcoming webinars.
==> Browse webinars: https://www.postman.com/webinars

⦿ Livestreams
It was our first year of livestreaming on Twitch (and other platforms including YouTube and Twitter). You tuned in, brought interesting questions, learned how to make your own bat-signal by manipulating connected lights, built a real-time video game, and did countless other wacky activities with us. All of this year’s livestreams are archived here, and you can join us for upcoming streams by following us on Twitch.
==> Go to Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/getpostman/about

THAT'S A WRAP FOR 2020. AND NOW WE'RE LAUNCHING 2021 WITH POSTMAN GALAXY

Don’t forget to register for our global, virtual API conference, where you can engage with API fans from all over the world from February 2 to 4, 2021. Attend live demos, ask questions, and connect with fellow attendees to expand your knowledge and network.

⦿ Last Chance to Save 50% on Premium Conference Workshop Tickets
Early bird pricing for Pathways tickets ends on December 31. The Pathways ticket gives you unique access to the exclusive, only-at-Postman-Galaxy hands-on workshops.
== Register Now: https://hopin.com/events/galaxy

Tell Us How You Use Postman and You Could Win a $50 Amazon Gift Card

Take this short survey on how you use Postman and you could win a $50 Amazon gift card (gift card drawing for US residents only)
==> Take the survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GCCC2FS

55 2nd Street Suite 300 San Francisco, CA 94105
Click to unsubscribe https://lp.postman.com/UnsubscribePage.html?mkt_unsubscribe=1&mkt_tok= from these emails

-