Changes to YouTube’s Terms of Service

From: YouTube <no-reply_at_youtube.com>
Date: Sun, 23 May 2021 10:36:43 -0700

You’re receiving this email because we’re updating the YouTube Terms of
Service
<https://notifications.google.com/g/p/AD-FnEwaFZu5IXTKGAtlwHMmTcxP53JdOpaMCbKStfsVUuRfQTBmP2pCixnb9AQHeugAz3XP1Dns77AhiUCsaOV0iSud5t8p3SbCLax5>
(“Terms”) to clarify our terms and provide transparency to our users. The
Terms were similarly updated in the United States in November 2020. These
changes shouldn't significantly alter your access or use of the YouTube
service.

A summary of the changes:

* Facial recognition restrictions: The Terms of Service already state that
you cannot collect any information that might identify a person without
their permission. While this has always included facial recognition
information, the new Terms make that explicitly clear.

* YouTube’s right to monetize: YouTube has the right to monetize all
content on the platform and ads may appear on videos from channels not in
the YouTube Partner Program.

* Royalty payments and tax withholding: For creators entitled to revenue
payments, such payments will be treated as royalties from a U.S. tax
perspective and Google will withhold taxes where required by law.

Please make sure you read the updates to the Terms carefully. The new Terms
<https://notifications.google.com/g/p/AD-FnEwugyZFf_-hCYwyCSHM6P-9sz8uAH0pzI0QMlQBEeeqiwk8Z1-S-gdVwfEF7tI4o2CRgyMXbNFhMwe9AH5rkQha3BOtrk_WPsNf0P0>
will take effect on June 1, 2021 for users outside the U.S. By continuing
to use YouTube after this date, you are agreeing to the new Terms. Please
note, if you allow your child to use YouTube Kids, then you are agreeing to
the new Terms on behalf of your child as well.

If you would like more information, visit our Help Center
<https://notifications.google.com/g/p/AD-FnEzROYIEGuw5FD-PMFenzLs6StSgEoiVWTCtHtKBwTm2vjEbD388xKOs06kG3e0YVrfJIIHx4VyWzGm8bTaAzAetSXZRK7GNl4TtKm_KHtMQZb8b9nqBWM1EUle9otkJRJytYTSN> .

You received this mandatory email service announcement to update you about
important changes to the YouTube Terms.

(c) 2021 Google LLC d/b/a YouTube, 901 Cherry Ave, San Bruno, CA 94066