No drugs approved for core autism symptoms

From: Jason Klop <149405_at_ontramail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 12:17:46 -0800

Hello None,

Autism was first recognized as a developmental disorder in the 1960s as research began to show that it had biological
underpinnings (ie. not simply a psychiatric condition). Despite the large amount of research and interest from the
pharmaceutical community in coming up with a solution to improve symptoms/behaviours of those diagnosed with ASD, there
is yet to be a drug approved for the core symptoms of autism.

Currently there are a couple of FDA-approved products for irritability associated with autism including risperidone and
aripiprazole. There are many drug candidates being studied clinically that are focused on demonstrating measurable,
positive benefit. These include:
Cannabinoid receptor agonistsVasopressin 1A antagonistsNMDA receptor antagonistsTyrosine hydroxylase inhibitors
The compounds above are currently in clinical development and reflect a large number of molecules with diverse
mechanisms of action in various stages of clinical development. The majority represent clinical programs directed toward
core deficits associated with ASD such as social withdrawal, symptoms of irritability or insomnia.

Additional clinical trials are ongoing through large scale global research efforts such as the Autism Centers of
Excellence (ACE) in the United States. In the European Union, the largest world-wide, multi-centre, multidisciplinary,
multinational research consortium focused on ASD and related disorders, the European Autism Interventions, is also well
underway. In these studies, emphasis is on biomarker identification and personalized treatment approaches.

So, there are reasons to be hopeful given the worldwide efforts to find solutions to what is a very complex diagnosis.
Given the vast amount of research indicating the health of the microbiome of those affected with ASD is correlated with
severity of symptoms, it stands to reason that correcting this foundational aspect of health through FMT is a critical
cornerstone to recovery for many. Beyond this, it is our experience at Novel Biome that an individualized approach to
patient care is critical. It is our hope that through rigorous data collection and evaluation that we can further
individualize the treatment to improve outcomes.

There is no one size fits all model and the hope of finding a pharmaceutical magic bullet to correct all health
challenges seems unlikely in the years to come.

Best regards,

Team Novel Biome

P.S. If you would like to schedule a call with a member of our team to discuss FMT and it’s application in helping your
child improve their digestive and autism related symptoms, we encourage you to book your call by going HERE
(http://novelbiome.com/apply) .
If you wish to stop receiving our emails or change your subscription options, please visit this link:
https://beatsibonaturally.ontraport.com/u/MTQ5NDA1LzAvNzQ4MTAvMC8xNjgvMC8wOTRjNTUzODhkZGRjNmUyNWMzZDU3MTJmYjQ2ZTI4MS81NjE5NjE2

Novel Biome, Locations, Worldwide, Canada

Delivered by ONTRAPORT