An update from our CEO

From: McDonald's <no-reply_at_news.mcdonalds.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2022 21:07:11 GMT

Our donation to the Red Cross Appeal
Had a change of heart? Click to unsubscribe
https://unsubscribe.mcdonalds.co.uk/preferences/unsubscribe.php?data=Z2Fib3QudHJlbkBub25lLmh1

McDonald's
https://www.mcdonalds.com/gb/en-gb.html

Hi everyone,

Supporting communities when they need us most has been
at the heart of the McDonald's business for many years.

In the face of the needless suffering being experienced
by the people of Ukraine, our priority was and remains to
ensure we do the right thing by our people, suppliers
and customers.

Our global colleagues have worked hard and quickly to
put in place support programmes for our Ukrainian employees.
Last week, our Global CEO Chris Kempczinski announced that
we have closed our restaurants in Russia, while continuing
to pay our employees alongside a $5m donation to our Employee
Assistance Fund, and continue to support relief efforts
led by the International Red Cross in the region.

Together with our franchisees, we want to add our support
to the humanitarian appeal from the UK and Ireland businesses.
As such, I am proud to write to you today to announce donations
to the DEC Ukraine Humanitarian Appeal, through the British
Red Cross, will be match-funded for customer donations,
up to £1m in the UK.

In our most ambitious fundraising initiative to date, we
want to work with you, our suppliers, franchisees and
employees to raise over £2m for the Red Cross Appeal* this week.

You can access the donation link here, through the
McDonald's app and from our social channels.

Donate now
https://donate.redcross.org.uk/appeal/ukraine-crisis-appeal?utm_campaign=Ukraine%20Crisis%20Appeal&utm_source=google&utm_medium=Banner&utm_content=Donate%20Landing_Donate%20to%20DEC%20Ukraine%20Humanitarian%20Appeal&utm_term=175148_Website_McDonalds&c_name=Ukraine%20Crisis%20Appeal&c_source=google&c_medium=Banner&c_creative=Donate%20Landing_Donate%20to%20DEC%20Ukraine%20Humanitarian%20Appeal&c_code=175148&adg=Website_McDonalds

For every £1 donated by this link, we will match it,
up to £1m from McDonald's UK and our franchisees.

Our Irish franchisees and customers will be supporting
the appeal also, with the help of the Irish Red Cross**.

I am grateful to the British Red Cross and Irish Red
Cross for their incredible work, in unthinkable
circumstances. I thank you all in advance for your
support, in giving whatever you can to help us raise as
much as possible for those in greatest need, to provide
much-needed medical aid, food and clothing.

Our thoughts are with everyone affected by the conflict
in Ukraine at this unimaginable time.

Kindest regards,
Alistair Macrow
Chief Executive Officer, McDonald's UK and Ireland

McDonald's
https://www.mcdonalds.com/gb/en-gb.html

*DEC Ukraine Humanitarian Appeal. British Red Cross is a
member of the Disasters Emergency Committee (DEC). The DEC
unites 15 leading aid charities at times of crisis to raise
funds quickly. The British Red Cross Society is a charity
registered in England and Wales (220949), Scotland (SC037738),
Isle of Man (0752) and Jersey (430).

**Irish Red Cross Society is a charity registered in Ireland
with number 20005184.

© 2022 McDonald's. The Golden Arches Logo, McDonald's,
Happy Meal, McFlurry and McCafé are registered trade marks of
McDonald's Corporation and its affiliates.

Site Terms and Conditions for Use can be found here
https://www.mcdonalds.com/gb/en-gb/terms-and-conditions.html

Our Privacy Statement applies and can be found here
https://www.mcdonalds.com/gb/en-gb/privacy-policy.html

All rights reserved.

Update your preferences
https://unsubscribe.mcdonalds.co.uk/preferences/index.php?data=Z2Fib3QudHJlbkBub25lLmh1

Unsubscribe
https://unsubscribe.mcdonalds.co.uk/preferences/unsubscribe.php?data=Z2Fib3QudHJlbkBub25lLmh1

Contact Us
http://www.mcdonalds.co.uk/ukhome/Contact-us.html

McDonald's Restaurants Ltd, 11-59 High Road, East Finchley,
London, N2 8AW, United Kingdom

Do not reply to this email.