eSupport.com April Newsletter

From: eSupport.com Newsletter <newsletter_at_esupport.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2016 07:44:03 -0400

 eSupport.com Monthly Newsletter Having trouble viewing this newsletter? View
Newsletter Online, http://newsletter.esupport.com/edf3eda7328da94708c81164098d06d3/read

         [img],
http://esupport.com/?utm_source=esupport_newsletter&amp;utm_medium=email&amp;utm_content=topnav&amp;utm_campaign=april2016newsletter
 [img] [img],
http://esupport.com/newsletter.php?utm_source=esupport_newsletter&amp;utm_medium=email&amp;utm_content=topnav&amp;utm_campaign=april2016newsletter
 [img],
http://esupport.com/support.php?utm_source=esupport_newsletter&amp;utm_medium=email&amp;utm_content=topnav&amp;utm_campaign=april2016newsletter

   [img]
    [img]

 * Question &amp; Answer, #qa
 * Driver Tip: Laptop Battery Charging Issues , #driver
 * PC Performance Tip: Changing Quick Access Menu Opening Page , #registry
 * BIOS Tip: When is it Time to Update My BIOS?, #bios [img] eSupport.com
Products
 * DriverAgent,
http://driveragent.com/?ref=503&amp;utm_source=esupport_newsletter&amp;utm_medium=email&amp;utm_content=topnav&amp;utm_campaign=april2016newsletter

 * BIOSAgentPlus,
http://biosagentplus.com/?ref=505&amp;utm_source=esupport_newsletter&amp;utm_medium=email&amp;utm_content=topnav&amp;utm_campaign=april2016newsletter

 * RegistryWizard,
http://registrywizard.com/?ref=504&amp;utm_source=esupport_newsletter&amp;utm_medium=email&amp;utm_content=topnav&amp;utm_campaign=april2016newsletter

 * eSupport UndeletePlus,
http://www.undeleteplus.com/?ref=867&amp;utm_source=esupport_newsletter&amp;utm_medium=email&amp;utm_content=topnav&amp;utm_campaign=april2016newsletter

        [img] My family is pressuring me to buy a new PC because our two year old
HP Pavilion notebook with Windows 8 has been "acting up" and seems to have a serious
problem. We use AVG anti-virus but it doesn't find any problems. What's frustrating is
we'll be using the PC and for no reason it will just hang-up or sometimes shut down on its
own. Then it takes an eternity to reboot. I've noticed that even the Chrome browser is
much slower. Any suggestions how to fix our problem or should we buy a new PC?
 – Daniel H., New York, NY
    Don't replace your notebook, try to fix it. The best solution to safely repair your PC
and restore Windows is to use a great program eSupport.com has recommended for years named
Reimage,
http://www.reimageplus.com/land/sys/index.php?tracking=esupport-SC&amp;banner=direct&amp;adgroup=direct&amp;ads_name=direct&amp;keyword=direct
. First, download Reimage,
http://www.reimageplus.com/land/sys/index.php?tracking=esupport-SC&amp;banner=direct&amp;adgroup=direct&amp;ads_name=direct&amp;keyword=direct
 and within minutes the program will safely examine and diagnose your PC for hidden
problems like malware and viruses, as well as, broken or corrupted files. Reimage,
http://www.reimageplus.com/land/sys/index.php?tracking=esupport-SC&amp;banner=direct&amp;adgroup=direct&amp;ads_name=direct&amp;keyword=direct
 will even detect if there's a problem with your Windows operating system. Next,
Reimage's,
http://www.reimageplus.com/land/sys/index.php?tracking=esupport-SC&amp;banner=direct&amp;adgroup=direct&amp;ads_name=direct&amp;keyword=direct
 patented technology seamlessly repairs and restores your computer to its peak
performance.

  » Download Reimage,
http://www.reimageplus.com/land/sys/index.php?tracking=esupport-SC&amp;banner=direct&amp;adgroup=direct&amp;ads_name=direct&amp;keyword=direct

      I’ve heard there are some keyboard shortcuts in Windows 10 that can be used for
some helpful tasks. Are you aware of any of these shortcuts?
 – Anthony C., Rockford, IL

Anthony, there are a handful of keyboard shortcuts that can be useful. For those times
when you just want to get to specific modes and features much quicker, here are some of
the most useful shortcuts for PC users including how to start using Microsoft's
multi-tasking window snapping feature in seconds.

Snapping a Window: WIN + LEFT or RIGHT (can be used with UP or DOWN to get into
quadrants)

Switch to Recent Window: ALT + TAB (unchanged) – Hold shows new Task view window view,
let go and switches to app.

Task View: WIN + TAB – New Task view opens up and stays open.

Create New Virtual Desktop: WIN + CTRL + D

Close Current Virtual Desktop: WIN + CTRL + F4

Switch Virtual Desktop: WIN + CTRL + LEFT or RIGHT.

       Is it true that I can somehow use my XBOX One in conjunction with my Windows 10
computer and play my XBOX games on my PC?
 – Tim K., Seattle, WA

Yes Tim, it’s true. One of the nicest additions to Windows 10 is its integration with
Microsoft’s gaming console, the Xbox One. Game streaming lets you beam titles from your
console to your laptop/desktop in another room. You could say it’s Microsoft’s
competitor to Remote Play streaming on the PS4 and PS Vita, though it’s a far better
implementation.

The simplest way to activate it is to open up the Xbox app on your Windows 10 PC, ensure
your console is on and connected to the same Wi-Fi network and tap the Xbox One symbol you
should see appear on your PC or laptop.
  There is a slight lag introduced by playing this way but for slower paced games it works
well.

 [img]

  Driver Tip: Laptop Battery Charging Issues

 Are you having problems with your laptop battery not charging? Have you ever thought that
it could be a device driver issue? Well it very well could be.

There are some default battery device drivers which are bundled in Windows 7. These
drivers try to control the battery charging properly, but for some laptops, these drivers
may not function well. In such cases, users face problems like the laptop battery does not
charge even when the battery is low and the power adaptor is properly plugged into the
laptop. In such cases, it’s better to download compatible battery drivers and install
them instead of the Windows default drivers. DriverStore is a central location in Windows
Vista and Windows 7 where all the driver files are stored, before they are copied to their
final destination during the device driver installation.

To uninstall the default drivers, navigate to your Device Manager in Windows. In the
Device Manager, locate Batteries > Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery, "Right
Click" on it and choose "Uninstall". After you do this, restart the laptop and the battery
charging should start to function normally.

 » Perform a driver scan now!,
http://driveragent.com/?ref=503&amp;utm_source=esupport_newsletter&amp;utm_medium=email&amp;utm_content=drivertip&amp;utm_campaign=april2016newsletter

  [img]
   PC Performance Tip: Changing Quick Access Menu Opening Page

 In Windows 10, File Explorer opens with Quick Access selected. Old-school Windows users
might prefer to start in This PC (previously known as My Computer), which includes the six
standard data folders in your user profile as well as any local drives and removable media
such as USB drives.

This can be changed. On the ribbon, open the View Tab, click Options, Change Folder and
Search Options, and there you can choose either Quick Access or "This PC". Choose This
PC.

Click APPLY. File Explorer will open to This PC.

» Perform a PC performance scan now!,
http://registrywizard.com/?ref=504&amp;utm_source=esupport_newsletter&amp;utm_medium=email&amp;utm_content=pcperformancetip&amp;utm_campaign=april2016newsletter

 [img]
   BIOS Tip – When is it Time to Update My BIOS?

 We get a lot of people who ask, "How do I know when I should upgrade my BIOS?" It could
be different for everyone, but usually there are some tell-tale signs. If you're
experiencing strange behavior such as blue screens, your system restarting, or you're
looking for more functionality such as the ability to add a larger hard drive to your
system, then a BIOS update is definitely something you will need to consider.

Motherboard makers are constantly enhancing the BIOS firmware and the end result can be
significantly improved performance, less buggy behavior, additional functionality,
improved overclocking performance, and much more.

  » Perform a BIOS scan now!,
http://biosagentplus.com/?ref=505&amp;utm_source=esupport_newsletter&amp;utm_medium=email&amp;utm_content=biostip&amp;utm_campaign=april2016newsletter

 [img] [img]
        Install Windows 10 Updates When You Want To

Windows 10 will force you to accept updates to the operating system, but the installation
process can be delayed by up to six days. You can set this up by opening the Start Menu,
going into Settings, then Updates and Security. Choose Windows Update, and choose Advanced
Options. From the drop down menu choose Notify to Schedule Restart.

         [img],
http://driveragent.com/?ref=503&amp;utm_source=esupport_newsletter&amp;utm_medium=email&amp;utm_content=sidenav&amp;utm_campaign=april2016newsletter
  [img],
http://www.undeleteplus.com/?ref=867&amp;utm_source=esupport_newsletter&amp;utm_medium=email&amp;utm_content=sidenav&amp;utm_campaign=april2016newsletter
  [img],
http://registrywizard.com/?ref=504&amp;utm_source=esupport_newsletter&amp;utm_medium=email&amp;utm_content=sidenav&amp;utm_campaign=april2016newsletter
  [img],
http://biosagentplus.com/?ref=505&amp;utm_source=esupport_newsletter&amp;utm_medium=email&amp;utm_content=sidenav&amp;utm_campaign=april2016newsletter

           Follow Us
            [img], https://twitter.com/eSupportcom [img],
https://plus.google.com/u/0/105683197015107782448/posts [img],
http://www.facebook.com/pages/eSupportcom-Inc/204747686227481

        Quote of the Month
             "Failure doesn't kill you... it increases your desire to make something
happen."

 - Kevin Costner

          Sites of the Month

 [img]
    Letterboxd , https://letterboxd.com/
      Letterboxd is a social network for sharing your taste in film. Use it as a diary to
record your opinion about films as you watch them, or just to keep track of films you’ve
seen in the past.

    [img]
    TweakTV , http://www.tweaktv.com/
      The ultimate resource for your HDTV. If you are looking to optimize your HDTV
settings, there is no better resource on the web. Enter your TV's model number and get the
optimal calibration settings.

           Did You Know?

 President William Howard Taft was the first US President to throw out the first pitch at
a major league baseball game on April 14, 1910.

           Vocab Test
              Futureproof

 Describes a piece of technology that supposedly won't become outdated (anytime soon).

           Browser Add-On
               PDF Mage,
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/pdf-mage/?src=hp-dl-upandcoming

 Allows you to save any page as a PDF File.

           SmartPhone App
              Square Cash ,
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cash-send-money-for-free/id711923939?mt=8

  Send or request money from friends for FREE! Most deposits to your bank account are
instant.

                   [img]
    Twitter Tip

              Curate content you tweet from a wide variety of sources to keep your
followers interested.

            iPhone App

[img],
http://www.iphoneoptimizer.com//download?utm_source=esupport_newsletter&amp;utm_medium=email&amp;utm_content=sidenav&amp;utm_campaign=april2016newsletter

iOptimizer, http://iphoneoptimizer.com/download

  iOptimizer is the ultimate application for getting to know your iPhone, iPad or iPod
better. iOptimizer monitors the performance of your device, so that you can configure it
for optimal use. It will also help you find out everything about your iPhone, iPad or iPod
Touch both on the system and on the user level. iOptimizer is powerful, intuitive, and
extremely easy to set up and use.

 * iPad Support
 * Improved 'Activity' Section
 * Improved 'Processes' Section
 * Improved 'Battery' Section
 * Improved 'System' Information
 * Improved 'Network' Section Best of all — It's FREE!

 [img],
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=455952866&amp;mt=8&amp;ign-mpt=uo=6

 [img]

 ©2016 eSupport.com. All Rights Reserved. | eSupport.com, Inc. | 120 Water St., Suite
405, North Andover, MA 01845
 Technical Support: support_at_esupport.com, mailto:support_at_esupport.com | Customer Service
&amp; Orders: support_at_esupport.com, mailto:support_at_esupport.com

 Don't want to receive this newsletter? Change Your Email Preferences,
http://newsletter.esupport.com/edf3eda7328da94708c81164098d06d3/unsubscribe or