Postman Newsletter: March 2023

From: The Postman Team <marketing_at_postman.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2023 09:43:14 -0500 (CDT)

We’re thrilled to announce today that Postman Flows is out of beta and generally available. As a visual tool for creating API applications, Flows simplifies software creation by using APIs as building blocks. Anyone can create workflows, integrations, and automations in a collaborative environment without needing to write a single line of code.

This month we also have long-awaited Postman product updates, including support for server-sent events <https://go.postman.com/MDY3LVVNRC05OTEAAAGKqL7X0BH0Z2aFueu6ine7ZdLryYz3dpNGpn7kdxzJuH0g7U7B-eHlZyp3JsogQ6y0iGxE9_g=>, an improved beta GraphQL client <https://go.postman.com/MDY3LVVNRC05OTEAAAGKqL7X0FOvqvRiYCE9BFP_-OjntKeqNPYYnC854qKuc0LQxCqVmMMWI9S6NUpgH7K8k2RYynk=>, and Postman Live Collections <https://go.postman.com/MDY3LVVNRC05OTEAAAGKqL7X0PbPPEIFXmt0hBWss0D1JKEIXZYOPyd_54OlPLtEAVNPAW5WI-P2oMXAu0arjulSAZw=>. Read on to learn more about them, and join us for an unboxing webinar <https://go.postman.com/MDY3LVVNRC05OTEAAAGKqL7X0G1mJ57wq3lmonpDqVT_i6RwA_iI4eXr0s8bN3klz7tr1ZKt2K7euKoUYbQJodsj4dU=> where we’ll cover recent product updates and take your
questions.
Postman Flows can manipulate data with API calls and build workflows using tens of thousands of readily available APIs. With today’s general availability of Flows, users of every stripe, from financial analysts and customer service agents to senior business leaders, can devise solutions to problems they encounter every day.

And thanks to AI embedded in Flows, users can manipulate data returned by APIs by simply typing out what they want to do in natural language, making creation exceptionally easy. Hundreds of thousands of users have already built API applications using Flows during beta.
One of users’ most requested features is here: support for server-sent events. Server-sent events allow for efficient and low-latency data transmission, making them a popular choice for applications that require real-time updates, such as apps for chat, live sports, and financial markets.
Our GraphQL client is in open beta, and we want your feedback. We’ve applied our experience from building support for WebSockets, Socket.IO, and gRPC to improve the GraphQL client. The result is a development environment that’s simple and powerful.
Do you wish Postman Collections could be built automatically? Well, now they can! Live Collections let you automatically create and update collection documentation from requests observed on the application. You can build better APIs, faster, without worrying about out-of-sync documentation.
In this tutorial, we’ll show you how to use Postman to access a Google Sheets API with OAuth 2.0 as part of your API development and testing workflow. You can use any other Google API and follow the same steps that are documented here.
We’ve improved documentation about Postman Collections. It includes a walk-through of the different units of a collection and how to author your own collection definitions from scratch. See how a collection is represented in the spec compared with how it’s represented in Postman. Plus, there’s now a reference section that includes an image, table, and schema reference of different collection units.
We’ve collected some of the top application-security APIs available in Postman’s Public API Network. They include offerings from Datadog, Intel, and Akamai. Read on to learn how they can help protect your mobile and web applications.
Postman Chief Evangelist Kin Lane explains why ScrapingBee, part of the Postman Public API Network, is the API-first choice for screen scraping. It provides variations of API requests that cover many of the common use cases for scraping data from web pages.
Join the Postman team for a live one-hour session tailored to all Postman users. We’ll review the latest updates from the first quarter of 2023. These include the latest improvements to Postman's user interface, and features such as Postman Flows and our new and improved GraphQL client. We’ll also explore new enhancements to the API-first workflow for building, testing, and deployment.
Join us for a one-hour, beginner-friendly Postman tutorial tailored to developers. We'll guide you through the basics of using Postman as an API client, getting started with testing, navigating different authorization methods, and more.
Product-protection platform Extend saves an hour per day in testing time with Postman. Visma has eliminated 50 minutes from weekly meetings per API team, thanks to Postman. Read on to see more examples of how your company, too, can save valuable developer time with the Postman API Platform.
Know someone who should receive the Postman Newsletter? Tell them they can sign up here <https://go.postman.com/MDY3LVVNRC05OTEAAAGKqL7X0eIruAS-8JtJ_My7fwONoRyIUlw5QhPKLBfkhaD8geVqCJ8wDDBUQPc61nEvq7B0w-o=>!

-